Quality Control Inspector / Technician
Saco Technologies Inc. - Opportunities Full TimeLas Vegas, NV
SACO is a leader in innovative lighting, LED video displays, and media solutions and controls. Our expertise is applied in a variety of remarkable projects worldwide ranging from architectural lighting to multimedia art installations, to music touring experiences for top artists.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Control Inspector / Technician to join our team.
Responsibilities to maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in process production and finished products, recording quality results.
- Inspects incoming materials by verifying conformity to specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, rejecting, and returning unacceptable materials and documenting findings. Occasionally, may be required to unload trailers.
- Inspects work in progress by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to QC supervisor.
- Inspects finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, confirming re-work. Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste, imputing data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operational by following proper operating instructions and regular maintenance.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulation.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience of hands-on quality control inspections and quality control or quality assurance in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience performing incoming inspection of supplier material
- Ability to flag, document, non-conformity and raise QC issues to department manager
- Ability to work in extreme environments.
- Ability to stand, stoop, and squat for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Experience working with custom products, an asset.
- Solid technical background.
- Strong knowledge of tools of measurement and reporting research results.
- Strong attention to detail and processes
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.