Business Development Representative
MarketingFull TimeKitchener, ON
Who We Are
RouteThis is a funded startup in downtown Kitchener that’s changing the way companies handle support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, hour-long support calls or email chains that last for weeks, RouteThis has built a platform that gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately fix customers’ issues or help customers to solve the problems themselves. If you want to be working on the next generation of support diagnostics that takes the support paradigm and flips it on its head, you should be working at RouteThis.
Who we’re looking for
RouteThis is looking for a Business Development Representative to act as our front line in outbound lead generation for internet service providers (ISPs). As a key member of the RouteThis Marketing team, you will be responsible for researching and contacting key members of companies within our target market, and booking calls and demos for Account Executives. You will work closely with the marketing and demand generation teams to perfect this process and the sales team will depend on you to keep the flow of mid-market deals coming in strong.
If you’re intelligent, interested in sales and motivated to meet goals, we should be in touch.
As a Business Development Representative at RouteThis, you will:
- Identify companies that would benefit from the use of RouteThis
- Research key stakeholders at these companies
- Contact the leads via email and/or phone
- Help create engaging email and phone campaigns and tweak them constantly to increase ROI for each touch point
- Create a great first impression on prospects and customers by providing an unrivaled experience
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative and personalized follow-ups
- Triage and connect inquiries to the appropriate members of the RouteThis team
To be effective in this role, you will:
- Have a degree/diploma or similar experience
- Be high-energy and have a positive attitude
- Have strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Have experience or be interested in cold-calling
- Have experience or be interested in copywriting
- Be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Be a highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who can hit the ground running
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable developing the role as the company grows
- Work well in a team setting to meet direct goals each week
- Be competitive
- Understand customer needs and help us to meet those individual needs quickly
Bonus points for:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with customer service/responding to customer inquiries
- Experience using CRM software (Hubspot is a bigger bonus)
- A proven track record of executing and meeting/exceeding goals
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. We reward hard work, so if you’re interested in a future in sales, this role is a great next step.
At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best Sales, Marketing, and Engineering talent you can find. We are carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team!
Monthly team social events, Matt making your morning espresso or pour over in the office, or just grabbing a drink at a nearby coffee shop with a coworker, we never forget that work should also be fun!
Perks & Benefits
We cater lunch every Friday and offer snacks in the office on top of competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Located in downtown Kitchener, near a bus stop and the future home of the LRT and transit hub, RouteThis has a prime location if you want to live downtown (or we’ll rent you a parking spot if you need one!).
Note that we thank you for applying to RouteThis but with the large volume of resumes we receive only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.