Full Stack Developer
EngineeringFull TimeKitchener, ON
Who we are:
RouteThis is a funded startup in downtown Kitchener that’s changing the way companies handle support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating hour-long support calls or email chains that last for weeks, RouteThis has built a platform that gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately fix customers’ issues or help customers to solve the problems themselves before even needing to call that 1-800 number on the back of the box. If you want to be working on the next generation of support diagnostics that takes the support paradigm and flips it on its head, you should be working at RouteThis!
Who we're looking for:
RouteThis is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Engineering and Product team.
As an essential member of the RouteThis team, you’ll be responsible for implementing new network diagnostics into our web-based customer dashboard. You'll also work on back end architecture and implementation to support new features in our dashboards and mobile apps.
Together with our product team, you will turn customer feedback into actionable diagnostics: Scoping, designing, and building new features that will help RouteThis continue to grow.
As a Developer at RouteThis, you will:
- Code for mobile platforms using Java and Objective-C
- Influence the architecture of new features and the entire RouteThis platform
- Work with a strong team of developers and product designers to understand and improve RouteThis inside and out
- Complete tasks within an agile, sprint-based methodology
- Conduct code reviews
To be effective in this role, you should:
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of personal or enterprise projects you have created by yourself and within a team
- Have an existing knowledge of web development (both front and back-end)
- Be a graduate of a University or College program, or demonstrate similar experience
- Be a self-starter, motivated, and other buzzwords
- Having experience working on enterprise SaaS software is a plus
- Networking knowledge is also an asset but not required
Don’t have everything we’re looking for? Don’t sweat it! If you believe you’re a fit for the role, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and relevant examples of projects (a link to your GitHub also works!).
- Growth: As a rapidly growing startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and prefer to promote from within. By working with us, you can jumpstart and shape your career.
- Team: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best talent you can find. We’re carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team.
- Fun: Monthly team social events, delicious pour over coffee and espresso in the office, or just grabbing a drink at a nearby coffee shop with a coworker. We never forget that work should also be fun.
- Perks & Benefits: We cater lunch every Friday and offer snacks in the office on top of competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
- Location: Located in downtown Kitchener, near a bus stop and the future home of the LRT and transit hub, RouteThis has a prime location if you want to live downtown.
Please note: We thank all applicants for your interest in RouteThis. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.