OperationsFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for Strong Candidates to cross with our current project coordinator on a 7/7, preferably with project coordination experience and Electrical CFAA background. We require someone that is self-driven, that can take on a wide range of activities relating to our site project coordination and scheduling. This Candidate will be a key member of our team and relied on for their professional work ethic and contribution to our safe work culture. Interactions with client representatives will be routine. A strong focus from this candidate will be required for responding to the client’s needs and supporting Rotaflow’s reputation as the industries FIT “First In Thought” for Industrial Fire & Water Projects, protecting life and assets, enabling companies to focus on their core business.
Reporting to the respective Project Managers, the Planner Scheduler in the construction and maintenance projects team is responsible for working closely with the engineering, maintenance and operations groups to support the planning/scheduling aspects of the projects. The incumbent will ensure that the project schedules are effectively managed through the various phases of construction of the project (84 hours 7/7 schedule)
- Champions development of Work Breakdown Structure with the Project Managers.
- Leads the schedule development efforts and assists the Project Managers to update schedule on a daily/weekly basis, assesses actual work performed in the field and analyzes efforts expended.
- Assist in prospective project estimation.
- Assists the Project Manager to update schedule on a daily/weekly basis, assesses actual work performed in the field and analyzes efforts expended.
- Performs critical path analysis.
- Provides analysis of schedule data to identify key project issues.
- Assists in coordinating schedule inputs from all parts of the project.
- Identifies and analyzes schedule variances and recommends associated corrective actions.
- Assists the Project Manager to present the project schedule to the client.
- Participates in the development of Execution Plans based on applicable codes and standards and helps ensure project coding is effectively used for all applications.
- Applies expertise to utilize drawings and specifications as a basis for structuring the project schedule.
- Assists the Project Manager to measure project progress through review the construction progress.
- When applicable, reviews subcontract schedule status and provides the Project Manager inputs on subcontract performance.
- Conducts or assist in performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Leads the preparation of various levels of project reports to meet project needs.
- Assists the project teams to pursue the strategies related to project schedules as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager with incident investigation
- Enables material Take Off (MTO) and provides procurement assistance.
- Performs critical path analysis.
- Participates in the development of Execution Plans based on applicable codes and standards and assists to ensure project coding is effectively used for all applications.
- Produces MTO, tools & equipment required to execute the project.
- Applies expertise to utilize drawings and specifications as a basis for tructuring the project schedules.
- When applicable, reviews subcontractor schedule status and provides the Project Managers inputs on subcontractor performance.
- Through coordination with the Project Managers, Supervisors assists in the preparation of various levels of project reports to meet project needs.
- Assists the project teams to pursue the strategies related to project schedules as directed by the Program Manager.
- Develop, oversee and complete ITPs as required.
- Assists in the preparation of the documents for Turnover.
- Conducts QA function, as required.
What you need to have:
- 5 years’ solid experience in planning and scheduling function.
- Electrical CFAA background preferred.
- Engineering and construction experience, especially in Construction & Maintenance within Mechanical and/or I & E projects, prior experience in the oil sands would be an advantage.
- Familiar with Primavera, MS Project and Excel skills would be an advantage.
- Proficient understanding of all areas within project management.
- Proven ability to develop and assess change order impacts to baseline schedule.
- Hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Note: Fly in/out of Edmonton or Calgary airport only
- Work Location: Fort McMurray Area
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that all interviews are conducted in person out of our Edmonton, AB office.