Product Support Developer
SupportFull TimeOttawa, ON
We are on a mission to back up the cloud. On occasion, our mission runs into a hiccup or two; to help with this, we are looking for a Product Support Developer to join the team - this is where you come in. Are you up for the challenge?
Each and every day you will work with our Support Wizards and the development team to trouble-shooting technical issues and solve customer problems.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing business, work with an awesome team, tinker with an amazing product built with cutting-edge technologies, and solve challenging problems each and every day.
What you will do
- You will be part of our small, but growing, development team responsible for backing up billions of items for over 20,000 businesses.
- Your role will be huge; you will be on the front lines of troubleshooting and resolving customer facing issues.
- You will work with Rewind Support Wizards and development team to troubleshoot and fix production issues that affect our customers.
What we're looking for
- Rewind is web application built primarily with Ruby on Rails; Ruby, Python, Node, Java, or C# knowledge is a must.
- You should know your way around Linux and feel comfortable working from a terminal.
- Our code lives in git - you should know what this means.
- Knowledge of REST APIs is required.
- You should know your way around an SQL database.
- AWS experience would be great, but not required.
- A problem-crushing attitude and creative troubleshooting skills are a must.
- You should possess the natural urge to be calm and cool under pressure.
- You should be able to take technical jargon and ELI5; both verbally and written.
- You have to be able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle a fast-paced work environment, new challenges, and changing priorities.
- Some customer support experience would be nice.
- "Customer service is an attitude, not a department" - this quote should resonate with you.
Why join Rewind
- We have an amazing team that is always ready, willing, and able to help you be awesome in your role.
- You'll have a huge impact within the organization and improve the lives of tens of thousands of business owners helping them be successful.
- We're growing very quickly, so you'll have the oppotunity to learn new things and take on new challenges.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible work-from-home policy.
- Summer hours! Every second Friday is a company paid day off from May to September.
- Milestone celebrations every other Friday.
- Work at one of the fastest growing companies in Ottawa in our amazing office in Hintonburg.
- We save lives! Well actually, we've been told how we saved someone's life by restoring their data... So, while we don’t REALLY save lives, we like to think we do :)
How to apply
All product support developers need to have a good understanding of our product, and what we do. What better way to get that experience than to use the product? To get that experience, open a trial Shopify store, and install our backup app, Rewind. Once installed, select a plan and start your backups. You’ll run into a problem in doing all the above - to apply for the job, contact support and tell us about the issue. Then, let us know you’re interested in helping people who run into the same problem you’ve had.