Head of Finance
AdminFull TimeOttawa, ON
Rewind is one of Ottawa’s fastest growing startups. We’re backing up Shopify, BigCommerce and Quickbook Online data in the cloud today and adding new platforms regularly. We are looking for someone with a passion for building big ideas, running with them and helping to build our Rewind brand locally. Ultimately, you’re a self-starter, someone who gets stuff done, and is ready to make a significant impact.
We’re looking for someone to join our team in Ottawa, to help manage our finances and operations in our main office. This person will be responsible for developing and implementing financial policies for Rewind, managing our finances, measuring and providing metrics on the business, and overseeing the operations of our main office. We plan on raising additional funds later in 2019 - this person will be responsible for managing that fund raising.
If you live and breathe finances, we need to talk. We’re looking for a passionate finance expert who will be responsible for the growth of our business.
- 2-5+ years experience in finance and or accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or a related field. An MBA is a plus.
- CPA, or plans to get one in the next few years (we'll even help you pay for it!)
- Bookkeeping experience and knowledge. QuickBooks knowledge is a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and pivot tables. If you know SQL that's even better
- An understanding of SaaS metrics
- Experience in finance and a willingness to learn
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in finances and SaaS metrics
You’ll be working on:
- Issue timely and complete financial statements on a monthly basis
- Developing dashboards to track the performance of the business
- Build and track annual budgets, and report on the accuracy monthly
- Comply with provincial and national tax filings
- Manage operations of the office including payroll
- Exploring the needs and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential investors, and manage fundraising as needed