DevelopmentFull TimeOttawa, ON
We are on a mission to back up the cloud and we need help. We are on the lookout for a passionate and gritty software developer to join our growing team and help us build Ottawa's next successful SaaS company.
We strive to create simple tools that deliver powerful functionality to our customers. We believe that usability is a key component of successful software, and we will sacrifice nothing to deliver this for our customers.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing business, work with an awesome team, tinker with an amazing product built with cutting-edge technologies, and solve challenging problems daily.
Who are we looking for:
We're looking for a front end software developer with 4+ years of experience building great user interfaces for web applications. We're want someone who enjoys coding - someone who spends their spare time tinkering with side projects, and contributing to open source software. We want someone that lives and breathes solving problems at a large scale.
What you will do:
- You will be part of our small, but growing, development team responsible for backing up over billions of items for over 20,000 businesses.
- Your role will be huge; you will make decisions and write code that will help steer the business.
- You will work with our user experience team to enhance the customer interfaces to Rewind.
- You will lead code reviews and help to guide software architecture decisions.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of each production update, including finding ways to improve and optimize overall platform experience.
- Ideal candidates will share our passion for simplicity, and help further improve the usability of the application together with other team members.
What we're looking for:
- The ability to communicate complex web development topics in an easily digestible manner for people with varying levels of web knowledge.
- A keen interest in UI/UX and product design.
- Experience architecting and implementing front-end features from concept through to release.
- A desire to learn and being open to feedback
- A collaborator that can use git to manage codebases with multiple developers.
- Knowledge of REST APIs, data-handling via AJAX and JSON.
- Self-motivation and strong organizational and time-management skills.
- A problem-crushing attitude.
- Someone that considers the following a no brainer: "Customer service is an attitude, not a department".
- Involvement in the development or design communities through mentorship, meet-ups, blogging, etc.
- Experience with AWS; this is a nice to have and not strictly required.
- Experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails; this is a nice to have and not strictly required.
Why join Rewind:
- We have an amazing team that is always ready, willing, and able to help you be awesome in your role.
- You'll have a huge impact within the organization and improve the lives of tens of thousands of business owners helping them be successful.
- We're growing very quickly, so you'll have the oppotunity to learn new things and take on new challenges.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible work-from-home policy.
- Summer hours! Every second Friday is a company paid day off from May to September.
- Milestone celebrations every other Friday.
- Work at one of the fastest growing companies in Ottawa in our amazing office in Hintonburg.
- We save lives! Well actually, we've been told how we saved someone's life by restoring their data... So, while we don’t REALLY save lives, we like to think we do :)
How to apply:
Apply on this site. Be sure to include links to your Github account (or other open source projects) and portfolio content when you apply.