Cloud Software Developer
DevelopmentFull TimeOttawa, ON
We are on a mission to back up the cloud and we need help. We are on the lookout for a passionate and gritty software developer to join our growing team and help us build Ottawa's next successful SaaS company.
We strive to create simple tools that deliver powerful functionality to our customers. We believe that usability is a key component of successful software, and we will sacrifice nothing to deliver this for our customers.
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing business, work with an awesome team, tinker with an amazing product built with cutting-edge technologies, and solve challenging problems daily.
Who are we looking for
We're looking for the best software developers to join Rewind and help us build the world's best backup system. We're looking for someone who enjoys coding - someone who spends their spare time tinkering with side projects, and contributing to open source software. We want someone that lives and breathes solving problems at a large scale.
What you will do
- You will be part of our small, but growing, development team responsible for backing up over billions of items for over 10,000 businesses.
- Your role will be huge; you will make decisions and write code that will help steer the business.
- You will work with the existing team to enhance our backup engine, including the implementation of new features and automated test cases.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of each production update, including finding ways to improve and optimize overall platform performance.
- Ideal candidates will share our passion for simplicity, and help further improve the usability of the application together with other team members.
What we're looking for
- Rewind is built using Ruby on Rails; Rails knowledge is preferred but not a must.
- You should know your way around Linux and feel comfortable working from a terminal.
- Our code lives in git - you should know what this means.
- Knowledge of REST APIs is required.
- React or other front-end framework knowledge is required.
- AWS experience would be great, but not required.
- You have to be self-motivated and possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
- You need a problem-crushing attitude.
- You have to be able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle a fast-paced work environment, new challenges, and changing priorities.
- "Customer service is an attitude, not a department" - this quote should resonate with you.
Why join Rewind
- We have an amazing team that is always ready, willing, and able to help you be awesome in your role.
- You'll have a huge impact within the organization and improve the lives of tens of thousands of business owners helping them be successful.
- We're growing very quickly, so you'll have the oppotunity to learn new things and take on new challenges.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible work-from-home policy.
- Summer hours! Every second Friday is a company paid day off from May to September.
- Milestone celebrations every other Friday.
- Work at one of the fastest growing companies in Ottawa in our amazing office in Hintonburg.
- We save lives! Well actually, we've been told how we saved someone's life by restoring their data... So, while we don’t REALLY save lives, we like to think we do :)
How to apply
Apply on this site. Be sure to include links to your Github account (or other open source projects) when you apply.