Lighting and Compositing Artist
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some of our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Lighting and Compositing Artist to provide support on a current CG Animation project.
Who are you?
You’ve got something special you want to bring to the team, and you’re ready to join a squad that will nurture it and help you bring it to life. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’ve got experience managing and inspecting the rendering process within a full-cycle production, monitoring a render farm, and reviewing renders for consistency
- You’re proficient in Maya, Redshift, and Nuke.
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and open communicator who’s open to feedback, and able to quickly implement it
- You’re a quick learner--and able to adapt to new tools specific to the production
- You’re a team player, ready to collaborate during regular production meetings and able to mentor talent when required
- You’re located in Costa Rica, and willing to work from our San Jose studio when it's safe to do so
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
The Lighting and Compositing Artists compile scene assets, develop lighting setups and render, composite the resulting render layers together, and maintain consistency across sequences.
- You’ll light CG scenes to ensure renders achieve the look, quality and technical standards set for the project
- You’ll develop lighting setups that can be used across a sequence of shots
- Assist in editing or creating shaders
- Prepare and optimize assets and scenes for rendering in Redshift, according to project specifications and needs
- You’ll troubleshoot render issues
- You’ll composite rendered CG elements and deliver final shots
- You’ll Communicate with the production team clearly and regularly
- You’ll participate in scheduled team meetings, offering feedback and suggestions.
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team).