Senior Unity Game Developer
GamesFull TimeToronto, ON
Hey there! We’re Relish, and we create high quality, high value mobile games with a human touch.
Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We’re looking for a Senior Unity Game Developer to work on contract with us, with the possibility of conversion to full-time employment.
Who are you?
- You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker.
- You have six (6) or more years of paid experience (i.e. not side-projects or school projects) and care about quality (beautiful, respectful, accessible, fast, functional, intuitive, consistent) as much as you do hitting deadlines.
- You know how to build mobile games from the ground up, and mentor other developers.
- Professional Experience with any of these is an asset: Roblox, Unreal, Web Games, AR/VR
What would my day look like?
- You’ll support product development through coding, estimating task duration, game design, mechanic design & implementation, prototyping, asset management, refactoring, testing, and debugging.
- You’ll support and help grow our people, processes, and frameworks in ways that benefit everyone.
- You’ll participate in 1:1 check-ins with the Director of Development on a regular basis to give feedback, get coaching, and stay connected.
I want in! How do we get started?
We’d like to see some evidence of your development experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located. If you have a public portfolio or GitHub, please include a link to it in your application. If you don’t have a public portfolio, or aren’t allowed to share your work due to NDAs, please explain why you couldn’t include that link. Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
Important to know: This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference for full-time permanent positions will be given to those located in Ontario (ideally Toronto or Ottawa). Since COVID began, we’ve been working remotely, and at this point we don’t see ourselves ever going back to the office full-time. We continue to have office space you’re free to work at, or to use for brainstorming sessions and meetings. Your day can start by hopping into our Google Workspace (from anywhere) to catch up on project chats, and ask your Producer what you should be focused on that day. You’ll be expected to participate in a quick daily standup with your Producer and team, and provide regular status updates.