Senior Unreal Engine Developer
GamesFull TimeVancouver Island, BC
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Developer focused on Unreal Engine to help us make stuff that matters through innovation, collaboration, and impact.
Who are you?
You’re an experienced senior developer, with at least two years of professional experience using Unreal, who enjoys games from the ground up. You're an expert in coding with C++. You’re client-satisfaction focused, and have the ability to take an idea from inception to delivery. You are an expert at writing efficient, readable, and well-tested code to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker.
- You have a proven track record on hitting deadlines and resolving customer concerns.
- You’re confident in your creativity and technical ability, are willing to have your ideas built upon, and are pumped to collaborate with design and product teams to create games our clients will love.
- You’re a leader and collaborator, and enjoy mentoring other developers at every opportunity.
- You help increase the quality of code through attention to detail in pull requests, refactoring, and test-driven development.
- Bonus: you have experience with AR/VR, Unity, and/or Roblox
What, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
Reporting to the Technical Director (Games), you'll drive how we can leverage Unreal to meet the varying needs of Virtual Production, Visual Effects, Game, Mobile App, and Web production. Collaborating with Producers, Designers, DevOps, and QA, you’ll work on all aspects of Unreal development from the frontend to the backend. From concept through launch, you’ll dive in and support product development including task time estimation, game design, coding, mechanics, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging.
- You’ll support and help grow our people, processes, and frameworks in ways that benefit everyone.
- You’ll develop and test reusable components and internal tools..
- You’ll participate in code reviews, pair-programming, project reviews, API design reviews, technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; and give and take feedback.
- You’ll be vocal about efficiency and quality, and will share recommendations for improvements.
- You’ll participate in 1:1 check-ins with the Director of Development on a regular basis to give feedback, get coaching, and stay connected.
Important to know: We have been working remotely since COVID began, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see or read some evidence of your production experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to Toronto or Ottawa to be a part of our team). Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot! This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Toronto or Ottawa-based studios.