CG Animation Lead
AnimationContractorVancouver Island, BC
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a CG Animation Lead to support us on several ongoing projects.
Who are you?
You’ve got something special you want to bring to the team, and you’re ready to join a squad that will nurture it and help you bring it to life. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’ve got expertise with Autodesk Maya and xGen, having worked as a Senior Animator in at least two previous CG productions
- You've led teams, or feel ready to lead a team, mentoring and coaching them, and inspiring them to bring their best ideas to the table
- Your demo reel shows us your ability to breathe life into characters and scenes through expert knowledge of timing, weight, acting, and all the other principles that make or break a strong animated performance
- You have confidence in your creativity and your abilities. You are someone who communicates effectively and is not afraid to ask questions, find solutions and solve problems
- You’re able to provide positive and productive feedback clearly and cohesively to rigging and technical teams to get the best performances from the 3D rigs and assets
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
The CG Animation Lead’s main function is to guide the Animation team in bringing the characters and scenes to life through a solid grasp of animation principles, sound teamwork and effective communication.
- Reporting to the Producer, and collaborating with members of our Costa Rican and Canadian teams, you’ll receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency while achieving looks in a variety of styles
- You’ll animate entertaining performances in a variety of styles
- You'll guide the team to implement best practices, problem-solve any choke points, and provide actionable feedback that will help your team succeed.
- You’ll attend production meetings as required and regularly communicate with the production team
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application! Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot!