Unity Game Developer (Senior) [CONTRACT]
Hey there! We’re Relish, and we create high quality, high value mobile games with a human touch.
Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We’re looking for a contract-based Senior Unity Game Developer with full-time availability to build a game starting ASAP. Our contracts have the possibility of extension, and/or conversion to a full-time permanent.
Who are you?
- You have six (6) or more years of paid experience (i.e. not side-projects or school projects) as a Senior Developer building mobile games from the ground up
- You have the ability to take an idea from inception to delivery, writing efficient, readable, well-tested code to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems. You have a proven track record of focusing on hitting deadlines and resolving customer concerns.
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability, willing to have your ideas built upon, and are pumped to work with design and product teams to create games our clients will love.
- You help increase the quality of our code through attention to detail in pull requests, refactoring, and test-driven development.
- Experience with any of these is a bonus: AR/VR, Roblox, Unreal
What would my day look like?
- You’ll be reporting to a Project Producer, and working on all aspects of development from the frontend to the backend, in collaboration with designers, DevOps, and QA.
- From concept through launch, you’ll dive in and support product development including task time estimation, game design, coding, mechanics, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging.
- You’ll support and help grow our people, processes, and frameworks in ways that benefit everyone.
- You’ll refactor, develop, and test reusable components and internal tools..
- You’ll participate in code reviews, pair-programming, project reviews, API design reviews, technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; and give and take feedback.
- You’ll be vocal about efficiency and quality, and share what you know about how to improve.
- You’ll participate in 1:1 check-ins with the Director of Development on a regular basis to give feedback, get coaching, and stay connected.
- Possible career avenues include Principal Developer, QA Specialist, and DevOps.
I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your development experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to Toronto or Ottawa to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your GitHub and/or portfolio in your application! Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot! This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Toronto or Ottawa-based studios.