Python Developer - Intermediate to Senior (Animation Pipeline)
AnimationFull TimeOttawa, ON
Hey there! We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Our team of storytellers, artists, and producers create beautiful, entertaining content for some of the top brands and studios around. https://reli.sh/animation/
We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people are happy, heard, and given opportunities to showcase their talent. We’re looking for a Python Developer to support our Animation Pipeline, and help us make stuff that matters through innovation, collaboration, and impact.
Who are you?
With 1-3 years of professional experience programming with Python, you're experienced with APIs, and ready for a cool challenge. You’re a problem solver with insatiable curiosity. Self-motivated and ready to research, you’re the type that takes on a programming task and figures out “what’s in the black box?” with minimal supervision. You’re looking to grow your skills as a programmer, especially when it comes to animation. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’ve got experience with Pyside/PyQt for UIs, Shotgun or Ftrack. You havevother dcc API experience, (Blender, Nuke, Premiere, AfterEffects, Google suite, etc) and/or have done some work with version control
- You’ve got intermediate to senior skills with Python, and the ability to quickly learn programming language skills beyond the ones you know already
- You have some experience with Autodesk Maya, and can quickly figure things out "under the hood"
- You’re a team player who asks great questions, and uses those answers to drive more research and experimentation. You balance empathy and enthusiasm
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
Reporting to the Pipeline Supervisor, you’ll spend a lot of time helping teammates troubleshoot. You’ll use what you learn from those interactions to identify potential process improvements, that you’ll then work to implement for the studio.
- You’ll do most of your programming using Windows, on a PC
- You’ll write Pep-8 compliant Python code in both Python 2 and 3, learning apis for various industry applications
- You’ll both document and maintain the tools you’ve written
- You’ll attend production meetings as required and regularly communicate with the production team(s)
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We thought you would. We’d like to see evidence of your programming experience, learn how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to Vancouver Island to be a part of our team). Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.
This opportunity is only available to those currently eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Vancouver Island based studios.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot!