Indigenous Internship Program
AnimationInternVancouver Island, BC
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We are looking for candidates to take part in an internship program designed for self-identifying Indigenous Peoples. The intent is to create an opportunity where none existed before. Relish hopes that this will get more Indigenous Canadians like yourself interested in a career in animation, while providing the tools and skills needed to get started on your journey.
This is a paid internship which will take place over the course of 13 weeks.
Who are you?
You are interested in working in animation, but you’re not certain about what type of work you would like to do. Your curious nature motivates you to learn new skills and grow your knowledge. You are creative, enthusiastic and open to new experiences. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, a maker:
- You self-identify as a First Nations, Inuit or Métis person residing in Canada
- You have a story you want to tell and would love to learn new tools and techniques to help you tell it
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
Over the course of your internship, you will become the writer, producer, artist, and marketer of your own story idea, taking it from its conception to a completed pitch. You’ll gain exposure to the many interconnected parts of the animation industry, and develop both hard and soft skills through your hands-on experience.
- You’ll develop a pitch project focused on your Indigenous identity and stories
- You’ll attend workshops run by our mentors where you will be exposed to production, animation, and self-management techniques
- You’ll manage and schedule your time effectively
- You’ll participate in 1-on-1 meetings with our program supervisors
- You’ll receive and feedback on your work and incorporate it into your process
- You'll attend seminars held by Indigenous guest speakers talking about working in creative industries
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would! We’d love to get to know more about you and where your passions lie. No formal experience or education is required.
In the application you'll be asked to provide a link to your portfolio or provide an art sample, and to give us a brief summary of what story you’d like to tell if given the opportunity (can be a concept, a theme, or anything really). Please limit your answer to 250 words or less.
Apply today or send an email to email@example.com if you’ve got any questions.