Unity Game Developer (Intermediate to Senior)
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our users in digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh
We’re looking for a High-Intermediate to Senior Unity Mobile Game Developer to help us make stuff that matters.
Who are you?
Your ability to look beyond your stack helps you take an idea from inception to delivery, writing efficient, readable, well-tested code to accomplish tasks and solve technical problems. With a GitHub and/or portfolio that shows off your four (4) or more years of experience, you have a proven track record of focusing on hitting deadlines and solving customer issues. You enjoy developing elegant solutions for complex problems. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- Developing in Unity for mobile over the past FOUR+ years has kept you busy developing expert level skills, and you’re looking to apply those skills to next-level mobile games.
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability, willing to have your ideas built upon, and are pumped to work with design and product teams to create games you’d love to play.
- You take the lead, do code reviews, collaborate, and mentor other developers at every opportunity.
- You knuckle down to push projects past the goal line in a crunch.
- You help increase the quality of our code through attention to detail in pull requests, refactoring, and test-driven development.
- You do test-driven development.
- Experience with any of these is a bonus: AR/VR, Unreal Engine, Roblox
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more! What would my day look like?
Reporting to a Project Producer, you’ll primarily work on the frontend, but should also know enough backend to be able to integrate with a client’s APIs, CMSes, or frameworks when required. You’ll typically be working on more than one project at a time, but we try to minimize context switching by batching project tasks into full days worth of work.
- From concept through launch, you’ll dive in and support product development including task time estimation, game design, coding, mechanics, animation, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging.
- You’ll help support and grow other people or systems in a way that benefits everyone.
- You’ll develop and test reusable components and internal tools..
- You’ll participate in code reviews, pair-programming, project reviews, API design reviews, technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; and give and take feedback.
- You’ll be vocal about efficiency and quality, and share what you know about how to improve.
- You’ll participate in 1:1 check-ins with the Director of Development on a regular basis to give feedback, get coaching, and stay connected.
Important to know: Since COVID began we have been working remotely. We will likely reincorporate some in-person office time in a hybrid way in the future, so location IS still important (Toronto or Ottawa), but until then your day will start with staying home and hopping into our Google Workspace to catch up on project chats and then asking your Producer what you should be focused on that day. You’ll be expected to participate in a quick daily standup with your Producer and team, and provide regular status updates.
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your development experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to Toronto or Ottawa to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a PDF version of your resume, and a link to your GitHub / portfolio in your application! Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot! This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada.