Junior Technical Artist (Animation Pipeline)
AnimationContractorVancouver Island, BC
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Junior Technical Artist (Animation Pipeline) to join our growing Animation team.
Who are you?
You’re a problem solver with insatiable curiosity. Self-motivated and ready to research, you’re the type that takes on a programming task and figures out “what’s in the black box?” with minimal supervision. You’re looking to grow your skills as a programmer, especially when it comes to animation. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’re a team player who asks great questions, and uses those answers to drive more research and experimentation. You balance empathy and enthusiasm
- You’ve got intermediate skills with Python, or your ability programming language skills beyond the ones you know already are off the charts
- You’re experienced with Python, even if you’re not an expert
- As a bonus, but not day-one ready, you’ve got experience with Pyside/PyQt for UIs, Shotgun or Ftrack experience, other dcc API experience, (Blender, Nuke, Premiere, AfterEffects, Google suite, etc) and/or version control experience
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
Reporting to the Pipeline Supervisor, you’ll spend a lot of time helping teammates troubleshoot. You’ll use what you learn from those interactions to identify potential process improvements, that you’ll then work to implement for the studio.
- You’ll do most of your programming using Windows, on a PC
- You’ll write Pep-8 compliant Python code in both Python 2 and 3, learning apis for various industry applications
- You’ll both document and maintain the tools you’ve written
- You’ll attend production meetings as required and regularly communicate with the production team(s)
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We thought you would. We’d like to see evidence of your programming experience, learn how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to Vancouver Island to be a part of our team). Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
This opportunity is only available to those currently eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Vancouver Island based studios.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot!