CorporateFull TimeOttawa, ON
Hey there! We’re Relish, a fast growing studio that builds apps, websites, games and animation for entertainment and corporate clients. Our team creators are committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble group that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here — https://reli.sh/
We’re looking for a Corporate Accountant to join our Operations team.
Who are you?
You’re an accountant with at least 2 years experience. You’ve got a proven track record of building and executing standard accounting processes, ensuring that monthly financials are completed accurately and on-time. Your attention-to-detail and high degree of accuracy is impeccable. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into the work.
- You have 2+ years accounting experience, preferably in an Agency setting
- You’ve got intermediate to expert knowledge of Quickbooks and similar accounting software. QBO Basic, QBO Advance, Xero and other application certifications are considered an asset.
- You have a solid understanding of sales tax, corporate tax, payroll tax. Your experience with Ontario and BC media or production tax credits is an asset.
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more! What would my day look like?
The Corporate Accountant is accountable for all full cycle accounting and operational finance deliverables while working in unison with several business departments on a weekly basis. Your main function is to maintain the integrity of our accounting systems, diving deep into data and performing ad-hoc analyses around financial results. You implement financial process improvements, actively ensure internal controls, and coordinate numerous entities’ month-end and year-end processes. When required, you act as a consultant to the Production teams and leadership to ensure budget and procurement processes are sound and sustainable. Reporting through the Director of Finance to the VP Operations, you collaborate with the Finance team and other departments to optimize the studio’s accounting processes.
- You’ll proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve them via implementation of new tools and processes
- You’ll assist with preparation of consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual and financial statements, maintaining detailed supporting working papers, prepared in compliance with accounting standards for various corporate entities
- You’ll assist with the external review/audit process as necessary, including management of reporting and responses to tax authorities (as applicable)
- You’ll monitor and forecast cash flow activities
- You’ll perform special and ad hoc projects, and other duties, as required
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. Tell us your story. Your CV should outline how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and why you’re the right fit for the Relish Studios leadership team. We need to see how you’ve adapted to “manage up and down” and the results of your efforts to grow the sales of a division or department. Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.