Vice President, Digital + Games
DigitalFull TimeToronto, ON
Hey there! We’re Relish, a fast growing studio that builds apps, websites, games and animation for entertainment and corporate clients. Our team of 150 creators are committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here — https://reli.sh/
We’re looking for a Vice President, Digital + Games, to join our leadership team.
Who are you?
You’re constantly curious about what comes next in app and game development, and how brands are using both to further their strategic aims. A seasoned agency leader, you’re highly collaborative and ready to level-up a high-performing team to drive engagement for great brands—including our own! As part of the leadership team, you’re able to provide sound counsel to executives, help clients see why Relish is the agency they want to work with, and motivate your staff to innovate, collaborate, and create impact with every project. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into the work when needed:
- Over the last 8+ years you’ve led a digital or games production department resulting in a substantially larger client base and market-leading products.
- You understand how to grow a team, scale a department, and build business.
- You’re able to lead managers at different levels and capabilities, in order to deliver high-quality projects while meeting deadlines and maintaining margins.
- You have a track record of deepening relationships with existing clients, successfully onboarding new ones.
- You understand how to counsel leadership on emergent trends in the industry and advise how to best position the Studio to leverage them.
- You’re a confident team player with the ability to quickly build strong inter-team relationships, motivate and lead a bright team of talented, ambitious juniors. You’re committed to coaching and mentoring, and helping people achieve success.
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more! What would my day look like?
The VP, Digital + Games’ main function is to drive the division’s growth, in alignment with the Relish Studios overall strategy. Combining strategic ability with production know-how, you’ll help amp up our Business Development efforts while providing leadership to creators in the division. Working closely with the President and VP, Operations you will guide the development of new best practices and position the studio to increase its ability to do both service work and bring original IP to market:
- You’ll ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently, on time and on budget.
- You’ll tap into your experience and creativity to help the Sales and Marketing team close deals by leading client pitch and proposal meetings.
- You’ll lead the division’s functional leaders to troubleshoot and adjust, ensuring that clients are happy and that project milestones can be met / margins can be maintained.
- You’ll collaborate with the leadership team to define the future of Relish Digital + Games, acting as strategic counsel to the Founders.
- You’ll be the gatekeeper to the Founders, ensuring that any work that is presented to them is “client-ready” (almost fully formed, properly polished, and meets their expectations).
- You’ll be a coach and/or mentor to senior members of the Digital+Games team, and advise the corporate team on refinements to the org structure or new roles required.
- You’ll actively participate in Performance Reviews and salary adjustment conversations.
What’s In it for You?
- An opportunity to position yourself at the forefront of emergent technology and creative interaction by transforming a business unit with nearly 15 years of market success
- Day-to-day leadership of a high performing international workforce that continues to upskill, innovate, and collaborate to make stuff that matters
- Work-life balance and competitive compensation with significant opportunity for growth and career development
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. Tell us your story. Your CV should outline how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and why you’re the right fit for the Relish Studios leadership team. We need to see how you’ve adapted to “manage up and down” and the results of your efforts to grow the sales of a division or department. Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.