Studio CG Supervisor
AnimationFull TimeBritish Columbia
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for an innovation-focused Studio CG Supervisor to help bring our commercial projects and feature animations to life. This exciting new role, situated with our Vancouver Island studio, is an opportunity for you to help transform and grow our studio, build an Unreal pipeline using the latest technology and your best ideas, and help us make stuff that matters.
Who are you?
Over the last 8+ years working on full-cycle Animation projects, you’ve gained expert-level insight on how to get the most out of CG animation pipeline and technology. You’re ready for a new challenge, and to lead a high-performing team that’s experiencing explosive growth. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You’re software agnostic, but have significant (read: expert-level) experience with Maya, Redshift, mGear (or similar autorigging solutions), Cloud-based Renderers, and Blender; you’re always looking to level-up your skills
- You've got a decent handle on Unreal Engine 4 and 5
- You’re client-focused, and have a knack for listening actively, translating complex needs into relevant solutions, and explaining things in a way that matches the skill level of your audience
- You’ve lead teams, or feel ready to lead a team, by mentoring and coaching, and inspiring them to bring their best ideas to the table
- You’re a problem solver who isn’t afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get things done; you geek out when trying to find the best new approach to pipelines and technology
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and clear communicator that’s unafraid to ask great questions, identify solutions, and troubleshoot
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
You’ll oversee all CG related operations at the studio. Providing leadership and direction to various department supervisors, you’ll often communicate with key creatives to ensure that the client and studio’s vision comes off the page and onto the screen.
- You’ll work with the studio's producers and department supervisors to determine the best CG solutions and scope requirements of various productions, to ensure highest quality and reasonable deadlines
- You’ll collaborate with the Pipeline department to analyse best practices for a given project, and problem solve any choke points; you’ll engage active explorations of new software and technology, with regular presentations of pertinent discoveries, to keep the studio pipeline nimble and current
- You’ll adjust to the studio’s changing needs, growing with us to ensure that we’re always on the cutting-edge while maintaining high standards of quality
- You’ll work with a team committed to ongoing learning and development, and ready to implement new processes and techniques
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your production experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application! Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot! This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to those willing to relocate to our Duncan, BC studio.