3D Character Modeler
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/
We’re looking for a 3D Character Modeler to support us on several ongoing Digital+Games projects.
Who are you?
You're able to 3D model in a variety of styles, matching the needs of a project per direction from the Art Director. You’ve got something special you want to bring to the team, and you’re ready to join a squad that will nurture it and help you bring it to life. You’re a thinker, a doer, a dreamer, and a maker:
- You enjoy the detailed, versatile, far-from-boring character development process. To you, creating new blend shapes, good edge flow, and optimized meshes are opportunities to push your skills. Your demo reel shows us your ability to sculpt characters and topologize them into a clean, riggable Maya mesh
- You’re able to layout UVs and create textures for sculpted characters
- You’ve got solid experience with Autodesk Maya, ZBrush, and/or Mudbox. (Additional experience with Unity, Substance Painter, and/or Mari is an asset!)
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and clear communicator that’s unafraid to ask great questions, identify solutions, and troubleshoot
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
The 3D Character Modeler’s main function is to create people, creatures, and animals for players to interact and connect with. Combining artistic and technical talents, you’ll form the physical features that define the characters that live within our worlds.
- Reporting to the Producer and collaborating with members of our team, you’ll receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency while achieving looks in a variety of styles
- You’ll collaborate with Riggers and Animators to meet the technical requirements and satisfy the series’ animation needs
- You’ll attend and participate in team meetings, and regularly communicate with the production team
- You’ll adapt to the tools specific to the production, and offer suggestions to refine or optimize the process to achieve the best possible CG performances
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application! Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.