2D FX Artist (Adobe FX Specialist)
Relish Studios is searching for a AFX Artist to provide short-term support on a CG web series for Mattel. The position will be based in San José, Costa Rica (Pura Vida!) where we are growing our animation team.
Reporting to the Creative Director, theAFX Artist is responsible for creating visual effects in Adobe After Effects, to complement and enhance the look and feel of the project, including different elements into shots and making sure they are composited together. The AFX Artist will also review the resulting FX renders and keep track of their consistency and any potential fixes needed.
- Collaborate with Producers, Directors and Supervisors to design and create the requested style of effects.
- Communicate with various departments for required assets and input.
- Perform artistic tasks and use creative problem solving to produce desired effects
- Organize and manage your own work and files efficiently.
- Utilize 2D animation software and Adobe After Effects capability to complete other production tasks as requested.
- Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings when necessary.
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively.
- Experience on at least two prior CG animated productions.
- Previous animation production experience with Adobe After Effects.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Independent problem-solving.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to manage workloads and to work well in a team, as well as independently.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
- Able to process lots of information and make informed decisions under pressure.