AnimationFull TimeDuncan, BC
Wasabi Entertainment is searching for a Lead Editor for the independent, animated feature film Shadowrail Circus. The position will be based on Vancouver Island (yes – Island!) where we are building out our core animation team.
The Senior Editor will work in close collaboration with the Director and Head of Story to craft a strong, well-paced narrative for the studio’s first independent animated feature film, Shadowrail Circus. Through storyboards and animatics, they will be a key collaborator in crafting this high-adventure, coming-of-age fantasy film. This is a senior role with a high level of creative input and ownership, as well as a great deal of responsibility. Technical expertise, high-level organizational skills, and effective editorial and story chops are an absolute must!
Reports to: Director, Producer, Executive Producer
- Responsible for the overall edit from animatic to final delivery, including overseeing and collaborating with anassistant and secondary editors.
- Effectively identify project requirements, manage resources, and meet deadlines.
- Prepare scheduled edits and screenings for internal reviews and deliveries.
- Must be able to quickly and creatively adapt the edit to accommodate technical or budgetary constraints.
- Collaborate closely with the Director and Head of Story to execute a solid, feature-quality edit.
- 5+ years experience in the animation industry.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Able to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Happy to roll up sleeves and get on the box to get the job done.
- Strong knowledge of different editing software programs and be able to use them effectively.
- Collaborative personality.
- Attention to detail.
- Must work well within deadlines and under pressure.
- Experience working in the CG animation industry is a must.
- Interest in working with a fantastic, agile team that values work/life balance at our studio in downtown Duncan.