Wasabi Entertainment is searching for a Storyboard Artist to work on our independent animated feature film Shadowrail Circus. Working with a combination of traditional boards and Blender, the team will be led by a very experienced Head of Story with a passionate desire to reshape the way the storyboard animatic is built.
The Storyboard Artist combines great draftsmanship, attention to detail, flexibility to work on a variety of styles, and a strong understanding of compositional and storytelling skills. Collaborating with our teams on Vancouver Island and Costa Rica, the Storyboard Artist will bring the scripts to life, pioneering a unique process to tell a compelling story.
Reports to: Head of Story
- Interpret the scripts to represent them visually, conveying all necessary visual information for the layout and animation teams
- Reproduce and maintain the proportions of the different assets according to the official designs on the project
- Work closely with the Director, Art Director and Head of Story in finding creative solutions to the script needs.
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively.
- Adapt to tools specific to the production.
- Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings when necessary.
- At least 2 years-experience in storyboarding for animation or audiovisual production.
- A strong portfolio containing past professional work that displays a good knowledge of visual storytelling, sequential drawing and draftsmanship.
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro and Blender.
- The ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Take feedback well and use it to learn and improve.
- Enjoy the team spirit associated with other artists to achieve a common creative goal.
- Experience on prior animated productions is a must.