CG Rigging Artist
Relish Animation – a division of Relish Interactive – is searching for CG Rigging Artist to work on a CG web series for Mattel and various other animation projects. The position will be based in San José, Costa Rica (Pura Vida!) where we are growing our animation team.
The CG Rigging Artist will help prepare the assets for the animators to bring them to life in the series, by combining attention to detail, technical knowledge, and a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. Collaborating with our teams on Vancouver Island and Costa Rica, the Riggers will receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency to the projects.
Reports to: CG Rigging Supervisor
- Build, test, and maintain rigs for Characters, Props and Environments under the supervision of the Rigging Supervisor
- Deliver clean production rigs.
- Provide clean skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production’s requirements.
- Work efficiently and adapt within different workflows.
- Provide additional custom deformer solutions and corrective blendshapes as may be required.
- Adapt to tools specific to the production.
- Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings when necessary.
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively.
- Work collaboratively with Modelers and Animators to meet the technical requirements and satisfy the animation needs.
- Experience on at least two prior 3D animated productions using Autodesk Maya.
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging technique and principles.
- A strong demo reel containing past professional work that displays a good knowledge of rigging for character animation purposes.
- The ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Take feedback well and use it to learn and improve.
- Enjoy the team spirit associated with other artists to achieve a common creative goal.
- Knowledge of scripting (Python, MEL) is a plus.