Modeling & Texturing Artist
Relish Animation – a division of Relish Interactive – is searching for Modeling & Texturing Artist to work on a CG web series for Mattel and various other animation projects. The position will be based in San José, Costa Rica (Pura Vida!) where we are growing our animation team.
The Modeling & Texturing Artist will help create the assets and characters that will populate the animated series, by combining a good knowledge of design, attention to detail, technical skills, and a strong understanding of the topology needed for animated performance. Collaborating with our teams on Vancouver Island and Costa Rica, the Modeling & Texturing Artists will receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency while achieving looks in a variety of styles.
Reports to: Modeling and Texturing Supervisor
- Model and Texture assets in a variety of styles.
- Display a solid grasp of design principles.
- Display a strong understanding of the topology needed for animated performance.
- Communicate with the Art Director and Supervisors on modeling and texturing feedback, and the enthusiasm to apply such feedback into the assets to improve the project.
- Adapt to tools specific to the production.
- Attend and participate in scheduled team meetings when necessary.
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively.
- Implement positive and productive feedback from the rigging and technical teams to get the best performances from the CG assets.
- Experience on at least two prior CG animated productions.
- Previous CG animation production experience with Autodesk Maya.
- A strong demo reel containing past professional work that displays a good knowledge of topology for animation purposes.
- The ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Take feedback well and use it to learn and improve.
- Enjoy the team spirit associated with other artists to achieve a common creative goal.
- The ability to draw is a plus.