Health and Safety Coordinator
3/RCT/SITEFull TimeToronto, ON
As a key member of the Reliance Construction team, you will be committed to developing a Healthy and Safe work environment for all of our team members through hands-on, field-based collaboration with front-line supervisors and employees. With the support of our Health and safety Manager, you will be relied upon to bring support and guidance in the Health and Safety field, allowing you to advise on various situations our team faces daily. Working closely with our Health and Safety Manager, Project Management and employees the Health and Safety Coordinator will ensure that safety is a top priority for all our daily activities. Frequent travel throughout the GTA area will be required.
- Conduct Project inspections to Identify Hazard or Unsafe Work Activities, the Potential Risks and the Controls required to Eliminate, Contain, Revise Procedure and Reduce the Exposure.
- Conduct JHSC meetings as required.
- Maintain corporate and subcontractor documentation as implemented and contractually required.
- Assist in developing and implementing safety programs in compliance with Provincial legislation and Regulations.
- Monitor safety performance of on-site workers to determine vulnerability.
- Identify potential hazards and hazardous materials.
- Perform accident investigations to gauge measures that need to be taken to prevent them the next time.
- Develop and submit comprehensive safety policies and procedures.
- Review weekly HSE meeting minutes to verify that meaningful information is being provided to workers.
- Educate workers about the company’s safety policy and procedures and essential safety standards.
- Inspect safety related complaints such as spills, incidents, etc.
- Conduct safety trainings and orientations.
- Provide appropriate methods of documenting inspections.
- Perform one formal work site inspection per week, at minimum.
- Verify that corrective actions identified during inspections are implemented.
- Other duties as required.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a construction environment and exposed to health & safety.
- College Diploma in H&S (asset).
- A vehicule is mandatory
- Ability to determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines.
- Professional attitude and superior communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to make good decisions that minimize or eliminate risk
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong willingness to learn
Reliance Construction is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.