3/RCT/SITEFull TimeToronto, ON
Assigned to a field construction project in a supervisory or managerial position. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility, which may be a single area, multi-area, or a multi-discipline construction project. May be the primary client contact for all jobsite activities, or may coordinate with client’s resident representatives on jobsite activities within assigned area of operations. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with the project design and specifications; completed on schedule, within budget and to the highest quality standards. This role will also interface with other Reliance Construction Toronto staff, as required, to coordinate efforts.
- Responsible for jobsite operations, including all onsite activities of the subcontractors, suppliers, clients, and their representatives.
- Responsible for the field manpower organization to ensure the jobsite organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, including those of the subcontractors, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Establishes, coordinates, and implements construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Controls jobsite expenditures, in assigned area, for labour, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget.
- Responsible for overall supervision of all personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensures subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Responsible for labour relations, as assigned, and coordinates the activities with designated manager and corporate personnel.
- Implements safety programs and ensures strict adherence to federal, provincial, and local safety codes.
- Administers a security plan and coordinates the activities with all parties.
- Responsible for administration of assigned area(s) contractual activities. Participates in contract and subcontract negotiations.
- Plans and implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Ensures corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
KEY CONTACTS/RELATIONSHIPS – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL:
1. Trade Contractors 2. Owners 3. Consultants/Engineers
4. Project Managers 5. Project Coordinators 6. Estimator
7. Site Personnel
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of all engineering disciplines, all construction technologies, and jobsite management.
· Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate with the variety of participants involved with a construction project.
· Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
· The ability to analyze and construct details as indicated on drawings, use foreshight to anticipate future issues, and if necessary, provide/create new methods to implement the work (i.e. work-out-of-sequence, provide scaffolding hung from the ceiling in order to work both ceiling and floor area at the same time).
· Skill in management and administrative experience.
· Skill in written and oral communication.
· Must possess computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite of software. Experience with project management software is preferred.
· Proven leadership ability.
A recognized degree in Construction, an Engineering, or construction management discipline or equivalent experience and training.
The candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
Licenses or Certificates
WHMIS Certification; Fall Protection Training
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.