2/RCT/OFFICEFull TimeToronto, ON
Responsible for assisting the Project Manager in the administration of project cost and scheduling systems; assisting with estimating functions for changes and addenda; supervising the document and shop drawing control system; ensuring the smooth flow of information between the design team, consultants, and contractors; and coordinating the efforts of all other Project Engineers assigned to the site, as applicable.
- Assist with planing and coordination of work on a very large or complicated project or on a major project at which exists unique problems in schedule, construction, or design.
- Direct, as requested, engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, and schedules.
- Establish and maintain access to technical experts in the advanced technologies pertinent to the project, and set up channels of communication to bring this expertise to bear effectively on the engineering effort.
- Provide a knowledge of administrative practices and skill in negotiation with representatives of the client and other organizational entities.
- Direct preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment.
- Supervise preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Supervise design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of “as built” drawings and other job plans.
- Assist the project staff in interpreting design drawings, monitoring equipment installation, and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Review specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals, and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
- Administer assigned subcontracts.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Administer subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
- Review and/or supervise, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules, and budgets.