GrowthFull TimeToronto, ON
Prosper is looking for our Growth Manager, responsible for customer acquisition, activation and retention. Working alongside our founders, you will determine growth strategies, implement them, and assess the implications on Prosper's product.
We've built a great product that democratizes access to coaching, globally. Through user interviews, quantitative survey data, and three releases later - we know who our target users are, what messaging speaks to them, and how we will position our brand to win.
With the product ready and launch planning in motion, we are preparing for a major launch campaign in the new year. Your role is to run the demand side of the business in this next critical phase as we go from being an early stage company through to Series A funding. Anything that accelerates the growth of the business is within your mandate, including referral programs, PR campaigns, influencer marketing, paid acquisition, offline events and more.
This is a big role and as the business grows, you will get to build out your growth team. To begin with, you'll be working closely with the CEO, CCO and product team to drive demand for Prosper across many different channels.
We need someone who is willing to learn fast and experiment often to get numbers on the board - no matter what. You need to be able to keep a pulse on the small details, while zooming out to look at our overall growth trajectory.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on a small, entrepreneurial product team to build the Prosper brand and grow a global community of members and coaches
- Conduct user interviews to understand behavior and psychology that will impact product marketing and growth efforts
- Build our product growth strategy, identifying opportunities to unlock exponential growth
- Test, build, and manage Prosper's growth levers from scratch - including email funnels, referral programs, influencer networks, social media, offline events, and paid acquisition
- Build and manage partnerships with organizations, institutions, and member network
- Write copy for web, press releases, blog posts, and email journey
- Develop, track, measure and report KPIs and input/output product health metrics
- Lead weekly growth meetings - share KPIs and report actionable learnings
- Develop creative marketing materials that communicate a compelling value proposition for prospective users
- You will deploy a healthy performance marketing budget
- Attend industry events where you will evangelize Prosper's product, mission, and user-centred culture
- Be willing to hire and manage a team of content creators, including writers, analysts, interns, and freelancers
- Mentor team members across the company on growth methodology
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3-5 years of experience in growth or marketing for a tech company, a consumer brand is a plus
- User-focused, with some experience conducting product interviews and supporting users
- Obsessed with data and experiments – KPIs, hypothesis-driven experiments, CAC & LTV and data analysis will be your best friend. You’re excited about having a blank slate, uncovering new growth opportunities and learning as you go
- Excellent analytical skills and experience measuring data-driven growth initiatives
- Experience with creating and managing paid acquisition campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high energy and a positive attitude
- Demonstrable experience in all or most of the following: landing page optimization, business development, email marketing, paid social management, organic social, content marketing, referral-based programs , partnerships, SEO / SEM,
- Nice-to-haves include: an understanding of SQL, tactical SEO experience, founders, storytellers, side-hustlers and entrepreneurs a plus
- Huge plus if you've been through a new B2C product launch, or if you've grown with a startup from a small team to a much larger team
- We call Toronto home, and others call it the fastest-growing market for tech jobs in North America
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Stock Option Plan
- The hardware/software setup you need
- Friday team lunches
- Team events and retreats
- Work from our HQ near Union Station
THE PROSPER STORY
Prosper is a career development startup based in Toronto. We are redefining how professionals manage their career - helping them build the skills, habits, and mindset required to get to what's next.
We started out as one person a year ago, and today we're a team of 30 coaches, designers, operators and engineers working towards one core mission - to help professionals design a career they love where they are more confident, engaged, and fulfilled. We will achieve this by helping professionals make meaningful connections to opportunities, learn new skills, and easily access the coaching they need to get the career they want.
While our first product focused on interview coaching, we are evolving to help professionals get to every defining moment of their career - from making the first move to landing a promotion.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and capability. Currently, our team is 50% female and 40% born outside of Canada. Learn more at www.helloprosper.com.