Our users are at the core of everything we build and as our Android Developer you'll play an influential role in shipping features that create an impact, globally. To start, you will be responsible for launching Prosper on Android to ensure we can serve the needs of a bigger customer base around the world. Within six months, you will be influencing our roadmap and helping make Prosper more intelligent, integrating machine learning models in your work.
As our Android Developer, you will use your experience to tackle technical challenges across the company, while keeping a balanced user-centered view. Understanding our users is core to our development process and we prioritize user-testing, and feedback with customers and coaches throughout the design and engineering process. We’re looking for a developer who cares about solving problems for users, in close partnership with our design team.
Prosper is a fast-growing company that's on a mission to help young professionals develop their career. You'll be part of building a company that's making an impact on the future of work, globally. This is also a perfect fit for someone who craves ownership, thrives within ambiguity, and is driven to solve challenging problems for the users we serve. Our promise to you? You will play a major part in Prosper's success story and be supported to do your best work, every step of the way.
Our team is small, but mighty, with business, design, and engineering expertise to learn from. The team is passionate about user-centred design, exceptionally collaborative, and results-oriented. You'll work with this team to build a global career development platform that helps young professionals through each step in their career, joining our mission to help people realize their potential.
We are an incredibly supportive team – we love to pitch in when roadblocks arise and give frequent peer feedback to help each other grow. From day one, you will have ownership - of the company and your ideas. We are a team that ships world-class digital products that delight our users and grow our business.
THE TECH STACK
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years' experience in native Android development
- Experience in collaborating with designers, PM's, and business operators
- Proficiency in using design tools like Sketch
- Past experience in developing and shipping digital products and systems, ideally in the B2C space
- Demonstrated interest in machine learning and deep learning models
- Clear communicator of technical work (we're big believers in the power of keeping it simple) and rationale behind it that is backed up with user data or research
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial drive and the ability to work through ambiguity
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Meet our founding team and attend a full-day onboarding session (a.k.a., Prosper Prep), where you'll learn about Prosper's mission, values, business, and product
- Have one-on-ones with our CEO, Chief Customer Officer, Design Lead, and Lead Engineer to learn how your role fits into the product-development process
- Connect with our Design Lead and engineer to know the processes, tools, and systems that our product team uses
- Ramp up on Prosper's engineering stack quickly
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Bring our first Android app from scratch to production in a few months
- Participate in weekly design reviews, product debates and decisions meetings and daily product team stand-ups
- Know every line of code of our app. You’ll get a sense of our strengths and identify opportunities for improvement
- Measure user engagement and develop a strong reporting framework to support our design team
- Deeply understand and empathize with our users through participating in user research, once a month with our design team. You'll talk directly with job seekers, coaches, and our channel partners to understand their challenges
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Collaborate with the Head of Engineering to understand the product roadmap, establish priorities, and ship new features that delight our users every two weeks
- Present user data to the Head of Engineering to support new feature research and prove/disprove hypotheses. You will provide data on how well goals were met and what learnings we can use in the next version
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Be able to defend the engineering view of what is right for the company's direction - even if it comes in conflict with CEO. Act with professionalism, maturity, and share a balanced data-driven view of competing views
- Proactively identify communication challenges within the company to unlock greater velocity and scale
- Attend industry events where you will evangelize Prosper's product, mission, and user-centred culture
- Share new feature ideas with our team so we are always learning and growing
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Stock Option Plan
- The hardware/software setup you need
- Friday team lunches
- Team events and retreats
- Work from our HQ near Union Station
THE PROSPER STORY
Prosper is the career coaching app for job seekers to boost their confidence and performance in the interview. The app guides users through their job search on-demand access to a coach and interactive exercises, proven to help you boost your interview performance. You may also think of Prosper as a “career coach in your pocket”.
We started out as one person a year ago, and today we're a team of 25 coaches, designers, operators and engineers - working towards one core mission - to help people realize their full potential. We envision a world where it is easy and fun for young professionals to get better jobs through greater access to personalized coaching, any-time anywhere. We are headquartered in Toronto right by Union Station.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Learn more at www.helloprosper.com