Sales Development Representative (SDR)
SalesFull TimeHead Office or Remote
We’re a startup based out of Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We’re currently a team of 10 people -- you will be #11.
We are profitable and self-funded (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers (not investors).
We have sane working hours; we don’t work weekends, take ample time off, and work ~8 hours a day.
You genuinely enjoy helping, talking to, and being around people. You realize that sales is about building long-lasting relationships that can only come with authenticity.
You focus on quality over quantity. You believe that it is better to spend the whole day writing ten high quality cold emails versus one hundred cookie cutter emails.
You’re calm and collected. You don’t let your quotas stress you out but rather serve as a compass for self-development and achieving success in the role.
You are extremely creative. You realize that your prospects are already getting bombarded with cold emails and phone calls and you look for ways to stand out from the crowd.
You sell with heart. You realize that the foundation of sales is built upon you genuinely believing in your product and wanting customers to benefit from it.
You don’t make excuses. You realize that there will always be objections and you get a thrill from dealing with them.
You are always learning. You believe that the only way to grow is to independent and always be learning.
OUR SALES PROCESS RIGHT NOW
Every customer we have today was sourced using our own product (Prospect) or via word-of-mouth.
Any new sales are done by our CEO right now. We have a Customer Success Manager as well who handles all existing accounts, renewals, and upgrades.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be the first SDR on the team. With this you will have a lot of responsibility, autonomy, and will be working very closely with the CEO.
At a high level, a typical day consists of you:
1. Using Prospect to find new leads
2. Sending cold emails and making cold calls
3. Scheduling demos
During this process, it is expected that you will:
- Manage and maintain a very organized outbound pipeline in Salesforce
- Always be optimizing and refining your outreach by focusing on quality over quantity
- Be on the lookout for new techniques and tools to improve your outreach processes
WHERE THIS ROLE WILL TAKE YOU
This is a very unique role as you will get the benefits of working at a startup and selling a product that’s already loved by thousands of sales professionals around the world.
If you are successful in this role, we plan to transition you into a “full stack” sales rep where you’ll do demos and close deals and still hustle as an SDR to source your own leads.
- 1+ years of SaaS sales experience
- Desire to work at a startup and have a high degree of responsibility
- An entrepreneur at heart; hunger, hustle, and persistence
- Strong passion for selling and ability to communicate a product’s value
- History of achievement in both work and personal life
- The ability to write succinct, thoughtful, and highly personalized emails
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience using Prospect :)
- Experience selling SaaS software in a startup environment
- Experience with outbound emailing and calling software (ie. Outreach.io, SalesLoft, Yesware)
- A proven record of success in a previous SDR/BDR role
- Proficiency with Salesforce
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Salary: $80,000/year Canadian Dollars (OTE; $40,000 base, $40,000 commission)
- Work remotely or from our office in Kitchener-Waterloo -- your choice!
- Four weeks paid time off
- Travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
- Benefits (Health, Dental, etc) through our company HSA
- Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office
- Laptop of your choice