AccountingFull TimeVictoria, BC
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to put your accounting skills into action, while working with a friendly team in an interactive workplace & growing company? Come join our team of knowledgeable and experienced accounting professionals!
We are a constantly growing and changing company, and we welcome new team members who are forward thinking and eager. Our company is determined to do things differently, constantly trying to improve and provide better services to clients, while making a positive impact in our community.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This opportunity will allow you to be part of an engaged and industry leading organization, giving you the opportunity to gain experience and contribute your unique skills to the team. You will be managing the company’s rental accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial statement preparation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable for the company’s corporate accounts as directed by the VP-Finance
- Provide accounting support to the VP-Finance and Manager of Accounting Department.
- Oversee supervision, management and training of rental accounting staff (Rental Accountant and Accounts Payable–Rental and Sundry)
- Provide accounting input and support to the Executive Team as requested regarding the company’s corporate accounts
- Participate in all human resources decisions related to rental accounting
- Liaise with staff in all departments, resident managers, tenants and owners as required to answer various accounting queries
- Oversee review of daily cash deposit reports including clearing cash drawer account, checking for accuracy, transferring funds and posting payments
- Oversee preparation and filing of annual T2 Ta xReturns for strata clients and Non-Resident Tax Returns (NR4s) for rental and sundry clients
- Assist our Manager of Accounting in preparation and reconciliation of monthly strata preliminary operating statements
- Complete Month End Processing–adding charges and processing PADs–as directed by the Manager
- Complete annual CAM reconciliation process for commercial rental property
- Prepare strata feeand earthquake deductible schedules for AGM notices
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- CPA designation completed or in the process of finishing
- Propererty management experience is an asset
- Ability to manage people and situations as a leader
- Exceptional attention to detail required
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access) and generally tech savvy
- Ability to manage own schedule and prioritize effectively
This position is NOT for you if:
- You have no sense of humor
- You enjoy and create drama in the workplace
- You are inflexible and overly critical
- You avoid conflict at all costs
- You are easily frazzled
- You don’t like setting and achieving goals
A little about us:
- We are friendly, hardworking and a little weird
- Our purpose is helping people live and grow together
- Our paradigms are Rebellious Optimism, Wholehearted Togetherness, Insidious Joy, Radical Transparency and Relentless Incrementalism
This is a full-time, permanent position
Start date: ASAP
Starting salary: $45,000- $50,000: commensurate with experience
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume which clearly indicate exactly how your education and experience meet the requirements of this position.