Desktop Support Administrator
AccountingFull TimeVictoria, BC
Do you love technology, spend your free time tinkering with computers, and enjoy working with and helping people? If you are looking for something other than just the typical coding job, this may be the opportunity for you! Join our growing, forwarding thinking team in a newly created Desktop Support Administrator position. In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a friendly, professional environment, while working with our experienced and helpful systems administrator.
This role allows you to integrate your love of technology with your ability and desire to help other people work with technology more effectively. It also gives you opportunities to work creatively, finding solutions to business technology challenges. As the ideal candidate, you are patient, good with people, function effectively as part of a team and are adept with technology. While you may be light on formal education and experience, you want to learn and grow. You have built or repaired your own computer(s) and are comfortable with tech of various vintages (Windows XP -> Windows 10, dial up modems -> modern networks, cell phones from blackberry -> Iphone). You are self-led and can schedule and prioritize requests independently when things get busy.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide desktop support services for 50+ local and remote employees of varying skill levels with technology (Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat)
· Provide support for 50+ local and remote employees of varying skill levels with cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices
· Provide hardware and software support for local IT Operations, including installing and maintaining server hardware and installing and maintaining server software (Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, ContentCentral)
· Provide remote IT support for client accounts (caretakers, concierges, strata owned hardware)
· Handle account creation, hardware and software setup and re-provisioning, and closure for new and departing employees.
· Provide new employee training for internal software and hardware
· Client enterphone system updates
· Assist other departments with projects that contain an IT component
· Follow office and company protocols
· Positively representing the company in the community
· Handle confidential information with complete discretion
· Other duties as required
Experience & Qualifications
· At least one year of education in Computer Networking, Computer Science, Information and Computer Systems or experience in relevant fields or programs
· Pertinent work and life experience and skills
· Adept with technology
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and Access)
· In particular excellent knowledge and experience with Excel and Access
· Familiarity with Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, Group Policies, SQL Server, Exchange Server 2013, Office 365
· Familiarity with computer networks (firewalls, switches, VPNs, shared drives)
· Ability to work on common Linux distributions
· Ability to manage own schedule and prioritize effectively
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Ability to manage people and situations gracefully
· Satisfactory Criminal Record check required
· Valid class 5 driver’s license required
· Must have own vehicle
· Occasional day/over-night trips required to our Nanaimo branch office
· Must be able to work out of both our Victoria and Westshore offices based on operational needs
· Some flexibility in work hours required. Will require some work/updates to be performed outside of business hours based on operational needs.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: $38,000-$40,000 to start
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.