Accounts Payable - Rental & Sundry
AccountingFull TimeVictoria, BC
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to put your accounting education into action, learning new skills while working with a friendly team in an interactive workplace & growing company? Come join our team of knowledgeable and experienced accounting professionals!
We are a constantly growing and changing company, and we welcome new team members who are forward thinking and eager. Our company is determined to do things differently, constantly trying to improve and provide better services to clients, while making a positive impact in our community.
Due to internal promotions, we are looking for an Accounts Payable – Rental & Sundry to join our accounting team. This opportunity will allow you to be part of an engaged and industry leading organization, giving you the opportunity to gain experience and contribute your unique skills to the team. While this position focuses primarily on accounts payable functions, you will also be exposed to concepts of accounts receivable, journal entries, simple operating statements, electronic filing and accounting processes and systems.
In your role, you will be responsible for managing your own work and completing specific tasks that require a strong ability to focus. As the ideal candidate, you are precise and a logical thinker with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines. You notice the details and investigate if something isn’t right and have confidence in dealing with a wide variety of people. While you may be new to the field of accounting, you understand basic accounting language and concepts and are interested in learning more in a hands-on environment. You have a positive attitude and can effectively integrate into a team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full monthly accounts payable processing including:
- Code & distribute supplier invoices
- Enter approved supplier invoices
- Check bank balances prior to cheque runs
- Print and post cheque runs
- Enter proceeds invoices (sundry and rental buildings)
- Enter journal entries as required
- File sundry and rental invoices
- Follow up supplier statements for outstanding invoices
- Prepare recovery invoices for credit checks, PAMA, miscellaneous
- Assist with the administration of sundry portfolios as assigned. This includes preparation of arrears statements for PMs, property management fee calculations and monthly operating statements
- Cancel and track utilities, invoice tenants
- Assist with daily bank and mail run
- Duties require various photocopying, faxing and filing of documents
- Duties require the handling of confidential documents
- Cross train with other members of the accounting team, in particular the Accounts Receivable – Rental & Sundry and Accounting Support
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of accounting education or experience (or combination of both)
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and standard office machines
- Ability to manage people and situations as a member of a team
This is a full-time, permanent position
Start date: July 2, 2019
Salary: $34,000-$36,000 annually to start