Strata Operations Coordinator
AdministrationFull TimeVictoria, BC
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic and professional office while showcasing your amazing people skills and positive attitude? Do you have a wealth of customer service experience and find innate satisfaction in engaging with and helping people? Are you looking for a chance to use your unique abilities in the areas of customer service, coordination, and organization?
If you are looking to challenge yourself while applying your existing skills in a client facing, fast-paced environment, join our team in an Operations Coordinator role! We are a constantly growing and changing company, and we welcome new team members who are forward thinking and eager. Our company is determined to do things differently, constantly trying to improve and provide better services to clients, while making a positive impact in our community.
As an Operations Coordinator, you work primarily in a closely-knit team of three. This team approach utilizes the unique abilities of all of the team members to provide top-notch property management services to a portfolio of buildings. You spearhead the organization of the property managers, with everyone working towards the common goal of providing the best possible care for the portfolio. You ensure weekly meetings occur and help direct the content of those meetings, using your abilities to communicate clearly and coordinate projects and people to proactively drive key processes. You build and maintain positive relationships both within the organization and with clients, trades, owners and the public. . You are quick on your feet and able to connect the dots quickly and figure out the logical next step in order to get people the help they need. You adapt to changing demands and situations and move smoothly from one focus to another. You are gracious with shifting priorities, and make each person you deal with feel heard and helped.
You consistently demonstrate customer service excellence and honestly love to help people. You live by the words “It’s not my fault, but it is my problem”, ensuring that when someone comes to you with an issue, you happily do what you can to solve the problem effectively. When faced with emergencies, you are decisive and calm, able to trouble shoot the situation and find positive solutions.
In addition to in office training on processes and procedures, the training for this position will involve going to buildings, learning how building systems work, and potentially attending strata council meetings to understand the interactions with clients. There is opportunity for growth within the role and the organization.
In the words of a current operations coordinator, “Being able to help people live and grow as a community identifies with me on a personal level. Being able to help people with their homes and make sure they are happy brings forward a sense of community, allowing people to thrive in their strata communities. My role as Ops allows me to help people do that on a day to day basis and put all of my effort into making sure people are as happy as I can help them be.”
Duties & Responsibilities
· Liaises with strata council members, building owners and residents by telephone and email
· Coordinates and participates in daily or weekly touchpoints with the team regarding their portfolio and upcoming key items
· Assists Property Manager with obtaining quotes, scheduling maintenance, and confirming jobs with tradespeople at the direction of the Property Manager
· Monitors and updates building profile sheets
· Monitors and prepares building keys for pick up
· Coordinates guest suites bookings and moves
· Coordinates and updates parking and locker allocations
· Provides primary coverage for the front desk and Strata Operations Coordinators
· Answers and directs client calls
· Is aware of and follows office and company protocol regarding services
· Positively presents and represents the company in the community
· Other duties as required
Experience & Qualifications
Customer service excellence
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Ability to manage own schedule and prioritize effectively
Good working knowledge of computers and office machines
There are two (2) positions available:
- One full-time, permanent position - Start date: ASAP, Burnside office location
- One full-time, temporary (maternity leave coverage) position - Start date: beginning of July, Westshore office location
Salary: $36,000-$39,000 to start
Please identify in your application if you are interested in the temporary position.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.