AdministrationFull TimeVictoria, BC
We are looking for just the right person to join our rental management team and take on a front-line role in the organization. Will it be you?
This is YOU to a ‘T’:
- You are organized, friendly, efficient, confident, compassionate and firm.
- You are a master at coordinating information and people, taking care of processes and keeping things tidy.
- You set and meet deadlines with absolute consistency (and keep other people on track too!)
- You love interacting with and helping people.
- You thrive on constantly having something to do and encountering new challenges.
- You diffuse situations and handle conflict effectively.
- You are willing to step into any situation and help team members out.
- You take correction gracefully, putting your ego aside and focusing on the end goal.
- You’re able to juggle multiple projects and communicate honestly about your timelines, challenges, and questions
- You go above and beyond regularly — not for credit, but because that’s how you roll
- You want to learn and grow — forever more!
- You care deeply about your work and the wellbeing of the company
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
What you’ll do:
- Respond to all initial rental inquiries on the telephone and in person
- Act as cash receipts clerk – receive, post, reconcile, and deposit all cash payments
- Welcome walk-in clients and trades at our busy head office
- Answer a multi-line switchboard and direct calls efficiently to the 50+ staff members
- Coordinate and track keys provided to trades and property residents as instructed
- Respond to maintenance calls
- Prepare correspondence upon instruction from property managers
- Prepare move-in/move-out files for rental clients
- Perform credit investigations
- Coordinate with all rental building managers as directed by property managers
- Place reminder calls to tenants regarding cleaning expectations
- Distribute all incoming and outgoing rental surveys
- Manage entire advertising process including coordinating with property managers, proofreading content and updating external and internal websites
- Maintain Owner and Tenant Files for properties in the rental portfolio
- Set up and maintain standardized folders for rental buildings
- Assist with updating various forms and templates used within the rental department
- Database Management
This position is NOT for you if:
- You have no sense of humor
- You enjoy and create drama in the workplace
- You are inflexible and overly critical
- You avoid conflict at all costs
- You are easily frazzled
- You don’t like setting and achieving goals
A little about us:
- We are friendly, hardworking and a little weird
- Our purpose is helping people live and grow together
- Our paradigms are Rebellious Optimism, Wholehearted Togetherness, Insidious Joy, Radical Transparency and Relentless Incrementalism
- Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Experience working with cash and balancing cash drawer
- Experience working with a database preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Successful completion of a criminal records check
- Adept with office technology
- Position Details
- $36,000-40,000 annually to start, depending on experience
- Full-time, permanent position
- Westshore office location (888 Attree Road)
- Hours of work: Monday through Friday 8:30-5:00, with an hour for lunch
- Office closed on weekends and statutory holidays
- Other Details
- 2 weeks’ vacation
- Insurance coverage and Health Benefits Trust access after probationary period
- Free day off in month of your birthday
- Free day off in month of your anniversary with the company
- Pizza Friday once a month
- Two staff parties a year and multiple inter-office events hosted by & for staff