Division Manager | Nisku, BC
EquipmentFull TimeNisku, AB
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Division Manager to join our Equipment Division in Nisku, AB.
The Division Manager is responsible for managing Procon’s Enterprise-wide Fleet Management strategy, including a robust asset management and reliability program which directly connects to operating and financial performance. The Division Manager will be responsible for planning, directing, coordination and administrating the of day-to-day operations of the Equipment Division, including life-cycle management, adherence to standards and specifications, fleet acquisition and financial management, establishing and delivering on maintenance, and repair. They will work with Senior Leadership and other internal stakeholders to analyze and review the life-cycle ownership costs of Procon’s assets and develop an effective long-term strategic equipment acquisition strategy and replacement program. The Division Manager will be accountable for developing and maintaining Procon’s asset management system and risk mitigation program which are designed to improve asset reliability, safety and to maximize the availability and utilization rates of equipment.
The Division Manager, Equipment Division is expected to be responsible for managing the following aspects of Procon’s business:
- Accountable for the day-to-day safe and cost-efficient management of the Equipment Division assets, personnel and facilities. Facilities are largely based in Nisku, Alberta today, however growth strategies will require oversight of expanded facility locations across North America.
- Champion the development of an overall equipment strategy for the Procon Group of Companies, incorporating capital needs, technological changes and advancements, industry and customer buying trends and requirements, and supporting Procon’s business diversity and growth objectives.
- Managing Equipment Division personnel by giving clear direction and delegation of authority to ensure they can meet their goals and objectives. Develop and coach site maintenance personnel as required to improve our overall capabilities and effectiveness.
- Reviewing and developing budgets for equipment overhauls and repairs to aid Operations management in the planning of the equipment fleet for new and existing projects. Make recommendations with respect to repair, overhaul, lease rent, or purchase of equipment as required. Ensure equipment is compliant with all applicable regulations and codes.
- Prepare cost estimates, manage division budgets and forecasts, and ensure that equipment costs and availabilities meet the needs of each project. Be proactive to maintenance issues on site and address any concerns that may arise.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance programs are fully implemented and equipment is properly maintained to maximize availabilities and utilization. Ensure reporting is timely and accurate and that maintenance records are complete, thorough and available for inspection at all times.
- Overseeing and monitoring the mobilization of equipment and materials for new projects and ensuring that activities are coordinated in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Liaising with field personnel, Head Office, and the Prairie Division to ensure an open line of communication is being maintained and all service functions are meeting the needs of Procon projects.
- Be the “face” of the company by promoting the Procon Group of Companies and actively work at improving and growing the business through 3rd party equipment leasing/sales and related fabrication work.
- Maintain an open dialogue with each client and travel to each project on a regular basis to maintain relations and be proactive in dealing with any concerns.
- Oversee inventory management and the timely issuance of materials and parts into the field.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A minimum 15 to 20 years’ of broad practical experience maintaining and managing equipment in the underground mining business is essential.
- A technical degree or diploma in related field is required. Engineering or business degrees would further enhance qualifications.
- Interprovincial Journeyperson Ticket would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of business management or leadership experience, including experience drafting budgets, work plans, and AFE/Capex authorizations.
- Excellent communication, computer and analytical skills.
- Mobility is important as the position will require extensive travel, often on short notice and to remote locations.
- Secondary language skills (Spanish and/or French) would be beneficial but is not essential.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Group RRSP
- Leading Extended Health Care benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangement that includes working partially from home and the office
- Work/Life Balance
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous and minority groups representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.