Project HSE Advisors | BC & SK
Mining ProjectsFull TimeBritish Columbia
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are actively searching for Project Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisors to support remote, fly-in/fly-out underground mining projects in BC & SK. Living accommodations and travel is included.
Reporting to the Regional HSE Manager, Project HSE Advisors will perform duties as a member of the project Safety and Training department and collaborate with other departments of the project. The HSE Advisor plays a key role in performing good practices in planning, delivering, documenting, and tracking required trainings and evaluations, as well as bringing expertise advice to any training content development.
- Work with project management to ensure compliance with Procon’s HSEMS, processes and procedures.
- Ensure risk management processes are understood and applied.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations as required.
- Participate in site emergency response systems (including mutual aid agreements) and training.
- Assist with development of site-specific procedures.
- Participate and maintain Procon’s digital safety management system.
- Participate in specialty training programs.
- Perform workplace inspections and audits.
- Participate in claims management and return to work cases.
- Identify training requirements, perform training needs analysis, monitor, and maintain training records for the underground workforce.
- Develop and implement site specific training systems, procedures, standards, and initiatives.
- Conduct skill competency assessments.
- Routinely audit training systems for compliance with changing legislative requirements.
- Maintain project learning management system (LMS).
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Diploma/Certificate in Health, Safety and Environment or related discipline will be considered an asset.
- Mine Rescue certificate / Emergency Response will be considered an asset.
- Experience and Qualifications - Auditing, Incident Investigation, Risk Management.
- 5 / 10 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in an underground mining environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, influence, develop and coach.
- Highly developed presentation, written and oral skills.
- Ability to develop effective professional relationships.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Living accommodations and travel is included
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous.