Accounts Payable Specialist | Burnaby, BC
FinanceFull TimeBurnaby, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated Accounts Payable Specialist who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience. The ideal candidate will be living in proximity to our corporate office located in Burnaby, BC.
Based in the corporate office, this position will report to Assistant Controller or their designate within Finance group. The Accounts Payable Specialist is expected to assist in managing the Company’s full-cycle Accounts Payable function. It will require system proficiency, effective communication skills, and a collaborative approach to supporting the Accounts Payable team.
- Handle all aspects of full cycle Accounts Payable function such as: PO invoice processing: 3 way matching, clearing exceptions, and invoice posting. Non-PO invoice processing: acquire approvals, code, and direct post invoices. Payment processing: payment runs, manual checks, wire payments and EFT.
- Collaborate with supply chain department to resolve unmatched invoices and vendor issues.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Build and expand ERP knowledge to help develop inter-departmental process solutions.
- Perform testing activities as required for process changes/system upgrades.
- Ensure adequate procedures and controls are adhered to within procurement-to-pay function.
- Participate in accounts payable process improvements.
- College Diploma or University degree, accompanied by minimum 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in the mining / construction / engineering / energy industry
- Proficiency with large, multi-functional ERP systems and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner with strong analytical skills, highly organized and technology-focused
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, and manage competing priorities
- Able to identify problems and solve them
- Bilingual (English and French) candidates are preferred
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check
- Candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Group RRSP
- Flexible work arrangement that includes working partially from home and the office
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
- Transit Accessible and parking available
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.