Proposal & Communications Coordinator - 12 month Contract | Burnaby, BC
Business DevelopmentFull TimeBurnaby, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are actively seeking an experienced and driven Proposal & Communications Coordinator looking to grow their career and join our Business Development team on a 12 month full time Contract. We are ideally looking for a candidate based in Western Canada for this role; living within or in proximity to one of our Procon offices in Burnaby, BC, Nisku, AB or Saskatoon, SK.
Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the Proposal & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of two key functions within the business development department. The primary responsibility will be the design, technical composition, and facilitation of proposal submissions. In addition to the responsibilities noted above, this role will be accountable for managing the marketing activities of Procon and its services to existing and perspective clients, through the design, coordination and execution of targeted marketing and digital media strategies.
The Proposal & Communications Coordinator is a key member of the business development team and is accountable for:
- Manage and track requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs) and requests for quotations (RFQs) to determine submission requirements.
- Write proposal content including graphic layouts and subsequent PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage the proposal submission process and actively source future proposal and business opportunities
- Develop a standardized proposal framework.
- Schedule, manage, and prioritize deliverables for multiple proposals and projects.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to prepare and create technical documentation including, but not limited to, presentations, requirements, specifications, descriptions, operational processes, manuals, technical memos, reports, construction specifications, training materials, and test plans.
- Develop and maintain proposal documents, procedural documentation, databases and retention requirements.
- Develop targeted marketing strategies, activities, digital campaigns and reporting metrics.
- Manage the company’s website and social media content relating to Business Development, Estimating and Marketing.
- Represent the Company at national and international trade shows.
- Provide support for Communications activities as required, including but not limited to, external communications, writing and copyediting, marketing and promotions, advertising, event coordination, print and digital media production.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Communication, English/Technical Writing, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Marketing, Proposal Writing, Technical Writing, or Proposal Coordination.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working within a civil or mining contracting industry.
- Exceptional writer and editor, with impeccable comprehension of the English language.
- Attention to written details, including grammar, punctuation, and context.
- Ability to understand complex technical information and translate it into “plain language” that is universally understood.
- Knowledge of technical writing and editing principles and processes.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management, and analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient with the MS Office suite.
- A reasonable working knowledge of graphics programs, such as MS Visio, Adobe InDesign, and an eye for basic graphic layout.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where demands and deadlines are fluid, evolving and amending frequently.
- Demonstrated interest in Marketing tools such as Social Media, Web Design, and other Marketing Techniques.
- Candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation and vacation
- Fully remote and Hybrid, work-from-home options available
- We are ideally looking for a candidate based in Western Canada for this role; living within or in proximity to one of our Procon offices in Burnaby, BC, Nisku, AB or Saskatoon, SK
- 12 month full-time contract position with a potential of extension
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.