Miner / Operator | Central SK
Mining ProjectsFull TimeSaskatoon, SK
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Central Saskatchewan, this work will be a shift rotation opportunity. This is not a camp position, and you will be required to provide your own transportation to and from the site.
You will be responsible for operating various underground mining equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production targets. Must have experience in operating heavy equipment in mining and metals, construction, engineering, or energy industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
- Achieve production and development targets by operating equipment to undertake mining activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Clean-up/shoveling, scaling, bolting, loading and unloading of miscellaneous supplies and equipment, piling materials, adding and reclaiming conveyor belt hardware, hanging and relocating electrical cables, installing line brattice for ventilation, setting up extensible belts, and other duties as required.
- Utilize mobile equipment and tools with due consideration for safety and environmental issues.
- Utilize reliable and accurate operational and practical knowledge to minimize downtime and potential loss of production.
- Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
- Complete daily logbooks on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
- Work in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct.
- Minimum 2 years running excavator/heavy equipment.
- Demolition experience is preferred.
- Must follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
- Must have previous experience in operating heavy equipment in mining and metals, construction, engineering or energy industry.
- Class 5 Driver’s License recognized in the province of Saskatchewan
- Residents of the Saskatchewan area and candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
- Criminal Record Check
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation, vacation, and RRSP Plan
- Leading Extended Health Care benefits
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous and those who reside in Saskatchewan.