Mine Technician | Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeTERRACE, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at the Brucejack Mine Project in Northern British Columbia, this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The successful Mine Technician will be is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Conducting underground mine surveying, ventilation, scheduling, planning, designing, and reporting
- Workforce scheduling, planning and reporting
- Performs ground support installation and QAQC audits, including but not limited to, bolt pull tests, bolt counts/surveys, shotcrete strength and thickness verification, etc.
- Preparing month end reporting
- Coordinate findings with the project team, relevant contractors, and others concerned with the project.
- Actively promotes and models proactive safety behaviours
- Follows standards, frameworks and ensures personal behaviours are aligned to a culture of recognizing hazards and minimizing risk and consequential harm to fellow employees
- Ensures compliance to all regulations, laws, policies, procedures and standards
- Participates in site safety initiatives, including being an advocate for all safety initiatives
- Maintains functional safety and awareness of emerging safety standards, ensuring alignment with the industry
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Technical certificate or diploma in mining or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of underground mining experience working in a similar capacity is required.
- Experience supporting a mine contractor or rapid development is considered an asset
- Previous experience with ventilation monitoring or ground support QA/QC is considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Excel, CAD, and databases
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation.
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Residents of Northwestern British Columbia and candidates identifying as indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- Drug Test
- Criminal Record Check
This position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check, a substance test and medical.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous and those who reside in Northern British Columbia.