IT Team Lead | Nisku, AB
ITFull TimeNisku, AB
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for an experienced IT Team Lead to join our Office in Nisku, AB or corporate office in Burnaby, BC.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Team Lead will be accountable for the Company’s IT Technical Services and Operation functions.
The IT Team Lead is a key role within Procon and is expected to manage the Company’s technology functions. The role and responsibilities include:
- Oversee day-to-day IT operations
- Maintenance of IT systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure security of data and network access while maintaining data integrity
- Deliver ITIL processes for Change/Incident and Problem management
- Manage IT projects assigned by IT Manager
- Help develop IT business continuity / disaster recovery plans
- Work with and manage multiple vendors in an outsourced environment
- Lead an internal support team for Service Desk and Project support. Managing conflict and ensuring the team's processes and tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Assist IT manager and other staff with procurement of necessary materials and equipment
- Assist in maintaining IT budget and strategic planning
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
- A minimum of 5 years as IT Team lead or management experience
- Experience in leading a team (internal and external)
- Technical skills including cloud, virtual and on-premises environments
- Familiarity with Network architecture and security best practices
- Diploma or Degree in computer science or combination of experience
- ITIL knowledge, experience and/or IT certifications would be an asset
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with complexities, and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work flexible schedule changes
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate technical know-how for non-technical staff
- Fluency in oral and written English is a must. Fluency in French is an asset
- We are ideally looking for a candidate based in Burnaby, BC or Nisku, AB for this role; or living in proximity to our Burnaby or Nisku office.
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check
- Candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Group RRSP
- Flexible work arrangement that includes working partially from home and the office
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous.