Project Supervisor | Central SK
Mining ProjectsFull TimeSaskatoon, SK
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Project Superintendent, Project Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the site activities of Procon’s underground mining and construction projects – often in remote and logistically challenging locations. The Project Supervisor will develop a strong safety culture amongst the team, and manage the day-to-day scheduling, manpower, and equipment resourcing to deliver on our contractual commitments. Supported by a strong multi-functional team, the Project Supervisor will be an excellent communicator, proactive, and results driven.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Supervisor is a key member of the Operations team and is accountable for the safe work at site. The Project Supervisor will perform leadership duties in the field while ensuring exceptional standards in health & safety, quality, and environmental stewardship. Specific responsibilities are:
- Maintain safe working conditions by identifying hazardous conditions and initiating corrective action
- Understand and Comply with the Company Code of Conduct
- Comply with and maintain current knowledge of Company Policies and Procedures, and Rules and Regulations
- Support and promote site safety programs
- Support investigations for underground safety incidents and production loss incidents and contact Superintendent and HR as required
- Participate in planning and scheduling and understand priorities to guide the work force. Responsible for allocating work for the shift to meet targets
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with the client
- Manage performance of workers – assist in evaluating probationary employees, reinforce positive behavior and correct as required, attend RTW meetings and discipline hearings as required
- Oversee administrative requests for crew personnel
- Manage and initiate emergency response procedures for underground emergencies
- Leadership skills in creating positive workforce – employee engagement
- Effective conflict management
- Effective communication skills in: delegating work, requesting repairs, updating the Superintendent, making recommendations for improvement, and interacting with others
- Ability to use and adapt to the use of new technology such as computers/iPads and software used on such devices
- General knowledge of potash operations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Adequate knowledge of the of the language normally used at a Potash mine
- Valid Supervisor’s Certificate issued by the Saskatchewan Chief Mines Inspector is required
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent GED
- Class 5 Driver’s License recognized in the province of Saskatchewan
- Have experience in a fast-paced environment and be able to make quick decisions
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the practical working of a Potash underground mine
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an underground mine operation’s supervisory role
- Residents of the Saskatchewan area and candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- Drug Test
- Alcohol Test
- Criminal Record Check
- Full Vaccination (if required by Client)
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation, vacation, and RRSP Plan
- Leading Extended Health Care benefits
- Ability to develop your career alongside industry leaders
- Opportunity to create change within the workplace
- A positive and driven work environment
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous and those who reside in Saskatchewan.