Long Hole Drillers | Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeStewart, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Long Hole Drillers on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Safe operation of the production drill, applying company / client safety procedures required to conduct work safely and efficiently
- You will have excellent mechanical aptitude and communication skills that allow you to operate safely in an underground mining environment
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Five (5) years underground mining experience and a high degree of knowledge and familiarity with mining processes.
- Five (5) years experience Long Hole Drilling and running underground longhole drills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous in-the-hole (ITH) and reverse circulation longhole drilling
- Commitment to Safety, a solid understanding of mine regulations and compliance to all legislative, safety, health, and environmental requirements, as well as working to achieve daily production targets
- Complies with all Company/Client Standards and Client, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, and any other applicable standards, policies procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation
- Maintenance of accurate drill logs
- Knowledge and understanding of drill prints to successfully drill to drilling designs and standards
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing
- Provide proof of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Provide confirmation of valid educational requirements
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Fully Vaccinated
- Preference will be given to those who reside in Northern British Columbia
- Residents of the Northern British Columbia area and candidates identifying as Indigenous are encouraged to apply.
- Drug Test
- Criminal Record Check
If this position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp. You will be required to work both dayshift and nightshift as part of the rotational schedule 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and preference will be given to candidates identifying as Indigenous and those who reside in Northern British Columbia.