Travel Agent | Kamloops, BC
TravelFull TimeKamloops, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Procon takes pride in our extensive history of successfully partnering with Indigenous communities. We believe in Indigenous partnerships that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships.
We are actively seeking an experienced and driven Travel Agent looking to grow their career and join our Travel team. We are ideally looking for a candidate based in Kamloops, BC for this role; or living in proximity to one our Kamloops office.
Reporting to the Travel Manager, we are looking for a full time, permanent Travel Agent to join the team in our Kamloops, BC office. The Travel Agent is a central member of the Procon Travel team. This is a dynamic and challenging role that is ideal for an individual who is service oriented, technology and system savvy, and has a keen interest in growing their Travel skills while working with a cohesive and supportive team. Our preference would be an experienced Travel Agent, however if you are interested and motivated to learn, we will train.
- Booking travel and logistics for all site employees which includes scheduled flights, charters, hotels and car rentals
- Providing travel costs to the estimating department for all job bids
The Travel Agent is a key member of the Travel department and is expected to ensure that all travel requirements within the organization are completed within a timely manner. Specific objectives are:
- Logistics for all site employees’ travel
- Billing reconciliations
- Coordinate with site superintendents and site administrators on emergency bookings for employees
- Constant communication with airlines resolving changed and cancelled flights
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Working knowledge of GDS systems and other travel software programs an asset
- Logistics expert with geographical knowledge
- Experienced traveler an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English and French would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, manage time, meet deadlines, multi-task, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very flexible with working hours
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong internet research skills
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, vacation, and RRSP Plan
- Leading Extended Health Care benefits
- Hybrid work arrangement that includes working partially from the office and from home
- We are ideally looking for a candidate based in Kamloops, BC for this role; or living in proximity to our Kamloops office.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.