Heavy Duty Mechanics - Underground | Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeST. JOHN'S, NL
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Heavy Duty Mechanics on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Good comprehension when reading information and/or receiving verbal instructions as required to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and check equipment for defect faults and malfunctions
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem
- Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance
- Clean and lubricate equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems.
- Fill out statutory logbooks, as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanic experience
- Journeyperson Certification (Red Seal)
- Provincially regulated Common Core
- Minimum 3 years underground mining experience
- Experience working with a variety of crews and adapts well to working with others
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
This position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp. You will be required to work both dayshift and nightshift as part of the rotational schedule 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.