IT Technical Support Level 2 - Contract 3 months +\-
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We have a temporary remote position for an IT Technical Support Level 2 . The position is to start as soon as possible and go for approx. 2-3 months with a possibility of extension at that time. Procon offers a flexible arrangement to work remotely from home if you are not residing near a Procon office in Burnaby, Nisku or Saskatoon, where your will be required to be onsite, and competitive compensation.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Technical Support Level 2 will be accountable for all operational IT services. This includes being the first point of contact for all IT related queries from both local and remote Procon employees.
The IT Technical Support Level 2 is a key role in the IT department and is expected to assist in managing the Company’s technology functions. The role responsibilities include:
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 level support on OS, software, hardware, mobile and network
- Build image and Backup as required on Laptops and workstations.
- Maintain and support internal and third-party software packages and escalate issues to vendors
- Build and deploy technology to automate maintenance, security, and deployment processes for workstations and mobile devices
- Research and resolve problems within the scope of responsibility
- Create or update accurate technical support documentation
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements as needed
- Conduct on-site and remote maintenance or support
- Conduct specials projects and assignments that may be assign from time to time
- Project Support and Systems administrative tasks
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years proven working experience in IT technical support Level 2 role
- College Diploma or University degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous working knowledge on the following: Windows 10, Windows Servers 2012 or 2016; Active Directory & O365; Experience with Microsoft 365 admin center and Azure, Networking-support and troubleshooting; Multi Function Printers; IOS and Android; ITIL v3 Foundation, A+ certification, Network+, or Sec+ is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English and French
- Strong documentation and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, manage time, meet deadlines, multi-task, while working in a fast-paced environment
- A highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Ability to Travel
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work long hours when necessary
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.