Corporate Accountant (Contract, 12 months maternity leave) / Burnaby, BC
FinanceFull TimeBurnaby, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Accountant to join our Head Office in Burnaby, BC to cover 12 months of maternity leave.
Reporting to the Controller, the Corporate Accountant is a key member in the corporate accounting group. If you are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment of complex financial and business reporting, this is the team for you!
The role of the Corporate Accountant may be summarized as follows:
- Assist with managing day-to-day full cycle accounting activities in a multi-entity setting including balance sheet reconciliations, accrual and adjusting journal entries, accounts payable and intercompany transactions
- Prepare monthly schedules and lead sheets for asset, liability, revenue, and expense accounts
- Prepare regulatory compliance reporting and remittances with respect to payroll and indirect taxes
- Assist with month-end close and preparation of monthly IFRS consolidated financial statements using both corporate ERP and Excel models
- Assist with preparation of quarterly ASPE Joint Venture financial statements for submission to JV partners
- Assist with preparation of annual audited IFRS financial statements, reports, and disclosure notes
- Support ad-hoc reporting and special projects
- Completion or near-completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience of full cycle accounting
- Strong aptitude to learn and a team player
- Advanced Excel skill
- Able to manage time, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively, including both written and in-person
- Proficient with ERP systems
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority. We offer a flexible work arrangement that includes working partially from home and the office and a competitive compensation package.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.